Are you stuck trying to figure out the best way to show your girlfriend how much you care? Have you been racking your brain for weeks thinking about Valentine gifts for girlfriends? It’s understandable that you’re finding it all a tad confusing. After all there are so many options and gifts to choose from. And of course it all hinges on her personal tastes. For those of you who are new to Valentine’s gift giving, now’s the time to point out that this day is not about buying expensive gifts. More about showing your feelings and sharing your emotions. Valentine’s Day is one day of the year you have to be as romantic as possible. Yes you can express some of your feelings with a card, but don’t stop there.
Book a table at a great restaurant, or have your own candlelight dinner at home, and dedicate your time to each other, with no distractions from other people or your mobile phone. Valentine’s Day is all about being confident to talk about your feelings, gazing into each others eyes, and enjoying the occasion.
But getting back to the question of Valentine gifts for girlfriends, we want to share a few ideas, to get the ball rolling, and send you on the way to buying something that she’ll treasure for many years to come.
A Bouquet of Flowers
You’ve probably read somewhere that flowers are pretty old hat, but girls still love to receive them as a gift. You might know that she has a favourite, so you’ll be wise to go with that. But if you’re not sure then give the symbol of Valentine’s Day, a beautiful red rose. Did you know that you can buy rose blooms that have been dipped in gold, silver or platinum? The Eternity Rose company gives you an alternative, and its beauty will never fade.
If you’ve already enjoyed a couple of V Day’s together, now’s the time to up the ante and buy her an item of jewelry. You don’t have to pick diamond earrings, unless you really want to and can afford it, because there are plenty of worthy candidates for a great Valentine’s gift. Get the item engraved with some caring words, and she’ll treasure it forever.
Top 3 Valentine’s Day Ideas for A Girlfriend
Romantic Red Matched Set set
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- Comes in a quality leather display case
Rose Dipped In
24k GoldGold rose
- Natural rose cut and preserved in a protective shell of 24K gold
- It is presented in a prestigious leather display case
- A certificate of authenticity is enclosed
- Free express delivery
Pink Glazed Rose Pendant 24K Gold
- Decorated with 30 sparkling synthetic diamonds
- Created using real miniature rose petals glazed and trimmed with 24 karat gold
- With a lifetime warranty
Spend the Day Together
If you still haven’t taken the plunge and moved in together, or if you’re living in different cities, take the day off,and go and spend it with your girlfriend. A small token of your affection won’t go amiss, but the most important part will be spending the whole day with you, and you alone.
An Item of Clothing
It’s highly likely that your girlfriend will have one particular item of clothing or accessory that she prefers to buy, and keep a steady supply of fashionable options in her wardrobe. Maybe it’s shoes, scarves or jackets. Whatever it is use your judgement or ask her best friend.
A Home Cooked Meal
You might consider yourself a budding Jamie Oliver or the next Thomas Keller, so take this opportunity to cook up a storm in the kitchen. Food is definitely one way to her heart.
A Date That’s A Little Different
Going out to dinner or taking in a movie can get a little monotonous after a while, so try something a little different this Valentine. Take a picnic to the park, or pop down to the beach and watch the sunset together.
Maybe Valentine’s Day is the Day to Propose
Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year, so what better time to get down on one knee and ask for her hand in marriage. This may seem like a perfect idea to make this Valentine’s day special but caution is required, or you could turn the day into a cheesy affair if you don’t do it properly. Here’s some helpful do’s and don’ts if you’re really set on popping the question.
- Do – think of a way to surprise her, as she may well be secretly wishing that this is what you’re going to do. Throw her off the scent with something awesome, so you can surprise her later on with your proposal.
- Don’t – propose when you’re out having dinner. This is what she’ll expect, so try and think out of the box for your impending proposal. Getting the waiter to bring the ring, or dropping it in her glass of champagne is really too predictable.
- Don’t – go overboard. She might not be impressed with a proposal made in front of hoards of people, and prefer something much more low-key.
- Do – take her personality into consideration. If your girlfriend is the shy, retiring type then a public proposal won’t be her cup of tea, and may even result in the wrong answer.
- Do – consider ways in which you can capture the moment, and be able to savour it long into the future. You might want to hire the services of a professional photographer.
- Don’t – hide the ring somewhere you could forget it, or put it inside something stupid like a cake.
- Do – get some help, so that you can enjoy the moment without any stress.
- Don’t – worry about getting too emotional. Despite what your mother might have told you, it is alright for men to cry.
- Don’t – expect her to say yes, and be prepared to laugh it off if she decides to turn you down.
And if she happily says yes then why not plan your wedding on Valentine’s Day too? Some famous celebrities who tied the knot on Valentine’s Day include:
- Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan
- Keri Russell and Shane Deary
- Prince and Mayte Garcia
- Salma Hayek and Francois-Henri Pinault
- Adriana Lima and Marko Jaric
Proposing and getting married on Valentine’s Day is one sure fire way to remember these two anniversaries for many years to come. And you’ll feel really special as other couples will be celebrating the day with you.